What’s your idea of the perfect vacation? Incomparable scenery? Exotic, far-away lands? Maybe you’re looking for a little R&R at a day spa, or maybe a glass of wine on a balcony while you enjoy the romantic glow of a setting sun.
Whatever the idea, taking a cruise can turn your dream into a reality. When you cruise, you never have to worry about making hotel reservations or searching for the right restaurant. Today’s cruise ships are filled with everything you could ever hope to get from an all-inclusive vacation.
Top 10 Reasons to Cruise
- Best Vacation Value: A cruise is several vacations all rolled into one. The price not only includes visits to multiple destinations, but also most of the onboard amenities such as entertainment, activities, and dining. No land-based package can compete with the cost effectiveness of a cruise, so if you’re looking to get the most bang for your vacation buck, get ready to set sail!
- Endless Options: Cruise itineraries are as varied as the ships that sail them. Thousands of itineraries, reaching to the far corners of the earth, are waiting for you to choose from. Each ship is a destination unto itself, complete with activities and accommodations designed to suit every type of traveler’s needs. So if you’re looking to cruise with your family to a warm and sunny destination, there’s a ship and sailing for that. Similarly, if you’re ready to explore the mysteries of the Galapagos, there’s a ship and sailing for that too!
- Ease: With over hundreds of US and International ports to choose from, it’s never hard to find a cruise near you. You can easily set sail from a port close to your home. Plus, even though you’ll visit multiple locations, you’ll only have to unpack once!
- See Something New:
Arguably, one of the greatest advantages of taking a cruise is that you continue to see new sights for the duration of your itinerary. Unlike other vacation packages, where you have to worry about connecting flights or train schedules, a cruise lets you relax while being carried from port to port. And every port boasts one-of-a-kind shore excursions that will stay in your memory for years to come.
- Comfort & Relaxation:
Cruise ships are like floating hotels. They are designed to make your stay as comfortable and relaxing as possible. Staterooms come in a variety of sizes, from a basic inside cabin, to ones with an ocean view, a balcony, or even a suite. Additionally, most ships have large, luxurious spa facilities that offer a whole host of treatments such as facials, massages, manicures, and more.
- Meet new friends
Cruises are a great way to meet new friends and make new memories. There are endless opportunities to get to know your fellow travelers; either while on board or during a shore excursion. With so many group-oriented activities, you’re bound to come home with a whole new crew of best buddies.
- Learn Something New:
In addition to countless onboard activities and onshore adventures, cruises also offer opportunities for self-enrichment. Guest lecturers lend their expertise and knowledge on a variety of fascinating subjects such as local wildlife, history, culture, and more. Many cruise lines also offer courses you can participate in, like wine tastings or cooking classes.
- Something For Everyone:
Trying to describe the “typical cruise vacationer” is not an easy task – a cruise offers something for everyone. From family friendly ships with camp programs and teen hangouts, to more intimate vessels designed for honeymooners and couples, the fact is that no other method of travel is as versatile. Cruising is a wonderful choice for all manner of groups, whether they are large or small, comprised of family or friends or even both! It’s convenient, cost-effective, and most importantly it presents you with experiences you’ll cherish for a lifetime.
- Adventure & Excitement: Boredom is a feeling you’ll never have while at sea. Each day is new and exciting, with a fresh adventure waiting at your next port of call. Snorkel in the clear Caribbean waters, climb an Alaska glacier, explore the volcanoes of Hawaii, or say hello to some penguins in Antarctica.
- Personal Preference: The days of regimented cruising are no more. Today’s cruises are all about you and your preferences. Dine on Asian-fusion, Italian, health food, or grab a slice of pizza. Sit down for dinner whenever you wish. Feel free to dress up or dress down. Relax poolside or climb a rock wall. This is your vacation, your choice!