Bergen, Norway Overview
Bergen occupies most of the peninsula of Bergenshalvøyen in the district of Midthordland in mid-western Hordaland. The municipality covers an area of 465 square kilometres (180 square miles). Most of the urban area is located on or close to a fjord or bay, although there are several mountains located within the urban area.
Outside the centre of the city are the Seven Mountains, although there is disagreement as to which of the nine mountains constitute these. Ulriken, Fløyen, Løvstakken and Damsgårdsfjellet are always included as well as three of Lyderhorn, Sandviksfjellet, Blåmanen, Rundemanen, Kolbeinsvarden, and, at least until 1980, Askøyfjellet.Gullfjellet is the highest mountain in Bergen, at 987 metres (3,238 ft) above mean sea level.
Detailed Map of Bergen, Norway
Bergen features a temperate oceanic climate .
Top Things to Do in Cherbourg, France, from a Cruise Ship - Created by BoostVacations.com Staff
Top Things to Do in Cherbourg, France, from a Cruise Ship - Feel free to add, vote or provide feedback to the list
The Cité de la Mer ("city of the sea") is a maritime museum in Cherbourg, France.
Le château des Ravalet (localement nommé château de Tourlaville), est un château de style Renaissance en schiste bleu, construit entre 1562 et 1575, propriété de la commune de Cherbourg-Octeville, et situé sur la commune de Tourlaville, en Normandie. Manoir médiéval appartenant au domaine royal, il est vendu par François Ier .
He married a Dutch woman, Margaritha Trovwen, but they had no children. He bequeathed his property, located in a magnificent botanical park, to the city of Cherbourg. It is now known as the Emmanuel Liais Gardens.
Vers 841, l' église de Cherbourg, érigée vers 435 sur sollicitation de l'évêque de Coutances saint Éreptiole, est détruite lors des invasions normandes. Au , Guillaume le Conquérant ordonne la construction d'une nouvelle église, vraisemblablement bâtie sur les ruines de la première, dont les évêques de Coutances reçoivent le patronage.
It was formed after a series of anonymous donations to the city between 1831 and 1835, totalling 164 paintings and later revealed to have been made by Thomas Henry, town councillor and art critic - having lost his two sons, he wanted to allow the city's young people to gain an education in art.