Beaver Island, MI Overview
Beaver is 13 miles (21 km) long, 3 to 6 miles (5 to 10 km) wide, and forms part of Charlevoix County, Michigan. It is mostly flat and sandy, with large forested tracts. According to U.S. census data, the island has 55.773 square miles (144.45 km²) of land, and a year-round population of 657 at the 2010 census.The more densely settled portion, comprising only 6 percent of Beaver’s total land area, lies within St. James Township on the northern end. This portion had a 2010 census population of 365 inhabitants.Peaine Township, taking up the remaining 94 percent of the island, contains sizable parcels of state-owned land and is mostly undeveloped. It had a population of 292 inhabitants.
Beaver Island has several small to moderately sized lakes including Lake Geneserath in the southeast, Greenes Lake and Fox Lake in the central portion, and Font Lake, Egg Lake, Round Lake, and Barneys Lake in the north. There are only two named streams: Jordan River, draining into Sand Bay on the east side of the island and Iron Ore Creek, draining into Iron Ore Bay on the south side.
Detailed Map of Beaver Island, MI
Top Things to Do in Beaver Island, MI, from a Cruise Ship - Created by BoostVacations.com Staff
Top Things to Do in Beaver Island, MI, from a Cruise Ship - Feel free to add, vote or provide feedback to the list
Top Videos for Cruise Destination Beaver Island, MI–Created by BoostVacations.com Staff
Top Videos for Cruise Destination Beaver Island, MI– Created by BoostVacations.com Staff. Feel Free to add, vote or provide feedback to the list.
Prince Edward Island: Top Attractions
This lovely island is Canada's smallest province. Here, http://www.WatchMojo.com checks out a few of the top tourist attractions found in Prince Edward Island.
Fiji Islands Travel Guide - Must-See Attractions
http://bookinghunter.com Fiji, officially the Republic of Fiji, is an island country in Melanesia in the South Pacific Ocean about 1,100 nautical miles (2,000 km; 1,300 mi) northeast of New Zealand's North Island. The most important places to visit in Fiji are: Historical Coral Coast, Nananu-i-Ra Island, Botanical Gardens, Bouma National Park, Yasawa Beach, Mamanuca Islands and many more.
Hawaii's Big Island Travel Guide - Must-See Attractions
http://bookinghunter.com Hawaii's Big Island, also called the Island of Hawaii, the Big Island or Hawaii Island, which comprises Hawaii County and the Hilo, HI Micropolitan Statistical Area, is an island, county, and Micropolitan Statistical Area located in the U.S. state of Hawaii in the Hawaiian Islands.
Langkawi Island - Tourist Attractions in Malaysia
Langkawi, officially known as Langkawi the Jewel of Kedah (Malay: Langkawi Permata Kedah) is an archipelago of 104 islands in the Andaman Sea, some 30 km off the mainland coast of northwestern Malaysia. The islands are a part of the state of Kedah, which is adjacent to the Thai border.
Top Tourist Attractions of Christmas Island - Island Country
Thanks for watching.............. 1) Drumsite 2) Lily Beach 3) Dolly Beach 4) The Settlement 5) Greta Beach 6) West White Beaches 7) Ethel Beach 8) Freshwater Caves 9) Flying Fish Cove 10) Silver City The Territory of Christmas Island is a territory of Australia in the Indian Ocean.
Kapas Island - Tourist Attractions in Malaysia
Kapas Island or Pulau Kapas is an island located about 6 kilometers east of Marang, Malaysia, with a smaller island, Pulau Gemia, located north of it. Its name, Pulau Kapas (Malay for cotton island), refers to the island's white beaches. The island has tropical jungle, clear seawater, white sand beaches and coral reefs in the surrounding waters.
Penang Island - Tourist Attractions in Malaysia
Penang Island (Malay: Pulau Pinang; Chinese: 檳榔嶼 Tamil:பினாங்கு தீவு) is part of the state of Penang, on the west coat of Peninsular Malaysia. It was named Prince of Wales Island when it was occupied by the British East India Company on 12 August 1786, in honour of the birthday of the Prince of Wales, later King George IV.
Solomon Islands: Tourist Attractions
Solomon Islands, the land of SECRET PARADISE.
Berhala Island - Tourist Attractions in Malaysia
Berhala Island (Pulau Berhala in Malay) is a small forested island situated in Sandakan Bay in Sandakan, Sabah, East Malaysia. The island is approximately 5 hectares in size and has prominent cliffs at its northern end. Many birds of prey can be seen on and around Berhala, including Brahminy Kites, Serpent Eagles and Sea Eagles.
Ometepe Island in Nicaragua a Tourist Attraction
The Island of Ometepe, located in Nicaragua, inside Cocibolca Lake, it is included in the world network of biosphere reserve and its beauty constitutes and attraction for thousands of tourists every year.